Please send your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org (all other formats will not be accepted)
1. Mechanical Engineering Manager
This position manages the overall mechanical engineering department of a small precision manufacturing business. It requires someone capable of both managing projects and being a hands on chief mechanical engineer with a solid precision mechanical design background, ideally in the motion control/stage design environment. In addition, the hire needs to thrive in a small, start-up environment but have the experience to grow with us to a higher level with defined, established processes.
What you will get to do:
- Lead the Mechanical Engineering team through a collaborative design development process. Provide mentoring to engineers of all levels and departments.
- Develop standard products and custom solutions for a variety of industries such as Biomedical Instrumentation, Microscopy, Material Research, and Optical Instrumentation such as lasers.
- Work with a cross-functional team throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Interface with customers.
- Ensure products and systems are designed and released to manufacturing on time and within budget.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's, Master’s or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Hands on experience in SolidWorks and it’s tool sets such as FEA, motion and thermal analysis.
- At least 5 years of mechanical design development engineering experience.
- Ability to organize and sequence simultaneous projects.
- Strong understanding of mechanical principles, precision stage and motion design strongly preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes from welding and conventional milling to 3D printing.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging equipment.
- Must have the current and continuing right to work in the United States of America without sponsorship.
2. Manufacturing Engineer
- EE degree with > 3 years experience
- Experience in precision electromechanical environment
- Trouble shooting experience using osciloscopes, multimeters, and similar
- At least some knowledge of motor and motion control desired, such as piezo, stepper, BLDC, and DC motors
- Can-do attitude
- Program and test electronic boards, motors and encoders
- Support assemblers
- Align motors, encoders and bearings
- Perform metrology set-up and other qualification tests
3. CNC MACHINE OPERATOR
- Able to modify existing programs for feeds and speeds
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Able to make fixtures and gigs
- Some tool grinding
- Able to hold tight geometric tolerance of up to within .0001
- Know how to set speeds and feeds for aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium
- Keep a clean work environment
- Full time